Hotel Krone” was mentioned for the first time in 1717 and Johann Moser appears as “Host of the barns“.
The then existing guest house was for people of the lower stratum only, because there were no stables for the guests` horses and carriages.
Johann Mayr, who acquired the then called guest house "Triendl at the barns" in 1778 was successful in moving the guest house to the next higher class category.
In 1794, with the lodging of soldiers, the city council decided to promote the "Triendl" to an “Inn. The owners took advantage of this new promotion and opened a wine bar. At the same time the inn took on its new name "Kronenwirt".
Even then, the quality of the water was renowned: “Go to the Krone. They have the best water for the horses.”